As a new fan of Amish fiction, I really enjoyed this sweet and well-paced book. Although this is the third book in a series, I had no problems reading it as a standalone. The basic plot is one about deception, trust and forgiveness. Caleb Miller is an Englischer who comes to a little Amish lakeside camp in Maine in order to find some stolen coins and clear his brother of theft. There he plans to work as a groundskeeper and handyman while he searches for the coins. He meets Rose Allgyer, the niece of the owners, who has taken over the responsibility of the camp for the summer while her aunt and uncle seek medical treatment. Rose is prickly like a thorn and Caleb has an endearing personality that is hard not to like. I really enjoyed the interaction between these two main characters who were from two different worlds. Rose suspects that Caleb is hiding a secret and is not easily persuaded to enjoy his attentions since she recently had her heart broken. Nevertheless, the courtship between the two is engaging and so sweet! There is strong character development that led me to easily like the family and enjoy Caleb’s attempts to fit in there. I have never read this author’s books before, but I did enjoy this one so much that I will definitely look for her books in the future. Fans of pleasant, clean Amish fiction will enjoy this book!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Harlequin via Netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255, “Guides Concerning the Use of Testimonials and Endorsements in Advertising.”
About Carrie Lighte: Carrie Lighte enjoys traveling to Amish communities across the United States and she hopes to visit a few in Canada soon, too. When she isn’t writing, reading or researching, she likes to hike, kayak and spend time at the beach.
Discover LOVE INSPIRED:
• Discover more about uplifting and hopeful Love Inspired novels today: https://www.harlequin.com/shop/pages/love-inspired-landing.html
• Subscribe to the Love Inspired newsletter and receive a free eBook: https://bookpages.harlequin.com/love-inspired/?ref=love_inspired_splash
• Join over 70+k followers of Love Inspired on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LoveInspiredBooks/
• Follow Love Inspired on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LoveInspiredBks?ref=love_inspired_splash
• Receive two free books when you subscript to a Love Inspired eBook series: https://twitter.com/LoveInspiredBks?ref=love_inspired_splash
Author social links:
• Website: https://www.carrielighte.com/
• Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48829268-her-amish-suitor-s-secret
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/CarrieLighte
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LoveInspiredBooks/